Bill Hamilton Scholarship
Bill Hamilton Memorial Scholarship Fund Guidelines
- All entries must be submitted on a standard South East Clown Association Memorial Scholarship Application form. Forms are available in the “Giggle Gazette” or may be obtained from any SECA board member.
- To be considered for the scholarship award, the application must be postmarked no later than July 15. Applications received with postmarks after July 15th will not be considered.
- Scholarship awards are limited to the SECA four day convention instructional program in the year presented. The award may not be carried over to the next year’s convention program. Recipients of the award must be in attendance for the entire four day period of the convention.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to current SECA members. This means that you must be a fully paid member for the year you are applying. Host Alley members and current SECA board members are not eligible.
- The number of scholarship awards will be determined by the money available in the scholarship fund. The amount in the fund will be determined by the board of directors during the mid-year board meeting.
The number of awards given will be determined by the scholarship committee in increments not to exceed $100. All available awards need not be given.
- Entries will be judged by the SECA Scholarship Committee, chaired by the Past President. Normally, this committee will be comprised of Past SECA Presidents.
- Determination of winners selected will be based on: financial need and desire as documented in reference letters and application form information.
- All alleys are encouraged to submit at least one of their members for this scholarship award. However, an applicant does not have to be a member of an alley to apply for this scholarship.
- Any scholarship recipients 17 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Recipient must write an article for “The Giggle Gazzette” about your experience.
- Scholarships are given one time per applicant.